Susanne is an Artist who has tried many styles and is only now evolving into her own.
Since the arrival of abstract art, the term figurative has been used to refer to any form of modern art that retains references to the real world and has been particularly used to refer to artists that retain aspects of the real world as their subject matter. She enjoys using the human figure and placing it in its own natural space.
When painting in her Contemporary Figurative style Susanne’s aim is to encourage the viewer establish their own understanding of her work, to look at the world in a way that they may not normally see it and to let their imagination run wild.
One of her inspirations is Picasso, who after about 1920, is the great exemplar of modern figurative painting.
Background and Training:
Susanne has recently returned after six months in Europe studying the best of European art. Art is life and that is how she views the world, an exciting journey of discovery and evolution.
Susanne works in acrylic, oil and mixed media. Her `off-center´ sense of humor can be seen in her work which offers a story for the viewer to discover. Her contemporary ideas often combine with the human form to portray her message. Her aim is to encourage the viewer to determine their own truth about her work, to discover things they may not normally see and to let their imagination run wild.
Susanne lives on the Gold Coast, Australia where she walks along the shore every day. During these strolls she sometimes finds driftwood and other found objects which she turns into small pieces of art.
After a break from painting during her recent travels to research and study art in Europe, Susanne has re-commenced exhibiting on the Gold Coast and has been able to secure her own studio space, a goal of hers for quite a while.
Exhibitions and Commissions•
- Eclectic Art Exhibition – Robina Community Gallery March, 2007
- OzArtists2 Art Exhibition comprising 19 local artists – Robina Community Gallery, February 2008
- Bruce Lynton Charity Auction 2009
- Highly Commended: Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show, 2009
- Korea-Japan-Australian Contemporary Art Exchange Exhibition– South Korea 2009
- PO11B Exhibition – Robina Gallery February 2012
- Watling Gallery, G C – ‘Open your Eyes’ Korea Australian International Art Exchange Exhibition – April 2012
- “It’s all in the Stars” Exhibition, RQAS, Broadbeach, Gold Coast – November 2012
- Allied Artists Exhibition – Robina Gallery February 2013
- Allied Artists Exhibition – Robina Gallery February 2014
- First Avenue Gallery – It’s all about Texture 2019
If you would like further information, please send an email to: